Ruth Hart Blanchard '23 Scholarship
The creator of this scholarship, Ruth Hart Blanchard, was a graduate of the Class of 1923 and president of her class. The Class of 1923 was the first class to attend Commencement exercises in Old Main, which was completed in the spring of that year. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated entering freshman level student
- has been accepted into the early childhood and/or childhood education program
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- may be renewable, renewals are dependent on available funding as provided by the Cortland College Foundation
- continued funding is based on student maintaining a 2.7 cumulative grade point average
- remaining an early childhood education major
- matriculated at SUNY Cortland
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours)
- maintain satisfactory academic progress per SUNY Cortland’s published Federal Good Academic Standing guidelines
- this scholarship is renewable for a maximum of four academic years (eight academic semesters, excluding summer semesters). Actual number of terms is based on Class Level (freshman, sophomore, etc) at time of initial award
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- 1 Awarded for $1500 and 1 Awarded for $1000