Dr. John A. Macphee Scholarship
Established by Mabel MacPhee in memory of her late husband, Professor Emeritus of Recreation Education John MacPhee, to support off-campus fieldwork or attendance at a national professional conference devoted to the leisure services profession. One student, selected during fall semester, will be awarded the scholarship for the following spring semester; a second student, selected during the spring semester, will be awarded the scholarship for the following summer/fall semester. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated undergraduate or graduate level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- is studying within the Recreation, Parks and Leisure Studies Department
- has minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours for semester receiving funds)
Additional Documentation Required:
- In an essay, demonstrate how the scholarship will support the approved internship or attendance at a national professional conference devoted to the leisure services profession.
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
Scholarship recipients recognized at honors convocation in April