First Generation Opportunity Scholarship
Established by Abby Rutner ’69, The First Generation Opportunity Sponsored Scholarship was created to support first generation college students who have satisfactory academic achievement and demonstrated financial need. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- For full-time matriculating students enrolled in any major.
- Recipient(s) must be an incoming student or a returning sophomore, junior or senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland.
- Recipient(s) must be enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester).
- Recipient(s) must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year.
- Recipient(s) must be a first generation college student (defined as having parents who never graduated from college).
- Recipient(s) must have demonstrated financial need per FAFSA.
- This scholarship is a one time award and is non-renewable.
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- I am a first-generation college student. (defined as having parents who never graduated from college)