Jo Schaffer Award in Art History
Established by SUNY Cortland Curator Emerita Jo Schaffer to benefit promising art history majors and to recognize in perpetuity her values and accomplishments as Art and Art History Department curator and past president of the SUNY Cortland Chapter and statewide leader of United University Professionals. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated junior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average and a 3.2 grade point average in art history coursework
- has earned distinction in art history courses, or who displays great promise as an art history major
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
This award is given out at Honors Convocation which takes place in April.