Delta Kappa Beta (1925-1991) Leadership Scholarship
The Delta Kappa Beta (1925-1991) Leadership Scholarship was created by Thomas P. Shea ’58 to assist a student who shows leadership skills by participating in campus activities at SUNY Cortland. Award will be split evenly between fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- candidates must apply in their junior year to receive the award during their senior year at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- is enrolled in any major at SUNY Cortland
- must demonstrate leadership ability by participating in campus activities, ie: Student Government Association, Interscholastic Sports Program, campus wide publications
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- This is a one-time award. This scholarship is not renewable.
- Funding Amount Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide an in depth description of your involvement in leadership role(s) in on campus organizations or activities. Why have you taken on such roles and what has been the impact on SUNY Cortland. Please write an approximate 500 word essay.