Guardian Angelfish Scholarship
Established by an anonymous donor to assist students who have a sudden personal or family crisis that affects their finances in such a way as to prevent them from continuing their studies at SUNY Cortland. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated sophomore, junior or senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has had a sudden personal or family crisis that affects family income in such a way as to prevent them from continuing their studies at SUNY Cortland
- has been in touch with their financial aid advisor and has provided documentation with regards to their special circumstances
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- Letter of recommendation from you SUNY Cortland financial aid advisor
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Financial Aid Advisor Reference Request
- In 300 words or less, please comment on the circumstances surrounding the sudden financial crisis.