Gospel Music Scholarship
Established through the generosity of many alumni, faculty and friends who support gospel music at SUNY Cortland. A multitude of donors help maintain this scholarship annually. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated continuing undergraduate level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0
- is a member of the Gospel Choir
- has demonstrated strength in vocals, instrumentation, student directorship, academic merit
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list the number of semesters you have participated in Gospel Choir
- Please list the Gospel Choir events you participated in within the past year.
- In which of the following areas are you most qualified to compete for a scholarship
- Please submit a 350 word maximum essay on what makes you an outstanding candidate for a Cortland College Gospel Choir (African American Chorale) Scholarship. Include current participation, activities and contributions to the choir and what you hope to accomplish as a scholarship participant.
- How long do you plan to be a committed Gospel Choir member?