Ethel Mahan Theisen '55 Scholarship for Childhood Education
Established by Gerald P. Theisen ’53 in memory of his wife, Ethel, a dedicated teacher throughout her life, to help support future elementary school teachers. Ethel Mahan Theisen ’55 was an outstanding and talented elementary education teacher whose devotion to her students remained strong throughout the years. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated sophomore, junior or senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum overall 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- majoring in childhood education
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.