Janice L. Atwood '73 & Judith A. Rasmussen U.S. Armed Services Scholarship
Established through the generosity of Janice L. Atwood ’73 as a tribute to the education she received at SUNY Cortland and in memory of her sister Judith Atwood Rasmussen. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated sophomore, junior or senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- awarded to an individual with military ties as determined by the preferences listed below
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- recipient(s) must maintain satisfactory academic progress per SUNY Cortland’s published Federal Good Academic Standing guidelines
Will be given in the following order:
- student is a member of the United States Armed Forces currently serving, a veteran from Active Duty, Reserves or National Guard.
- student has an immediate family member currently serving in the United States Armed Forces, a veteran from Active Duty, Reserves or National Guard.
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.