Johnny Williams Jr., Esq. '93 Scholarship
The Johnny Williams Jr., Esq. ‘93 Scholarship was established in Memory of Dr. Thomas Newkirk, who was the director of the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) at SUNY Cortland from 1970-1991. Dr. Newkirk and the EOP Program provided Johnny with an opportunity to pursue a bachelor’s degree and the knowledge of how important a hand up rather than a hand out can be to one’s future success. After graduating from Cortland, Johnny received his Master’s degree in Sport Administration from St. Thomas University and Juris Doctor from Nova Southeastern Shepard Broad College of Law. Recipients will be students enrolled in the Educational Opportunity Program at SUNY Cortland with preference given to students majoring in Sport Management. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- Recipients will be students enrolled in the Educational Opportunity Program at SUNY Cortland.
- awarded to a matriculated undergraduate level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- This scholarship is non-renewable and awarded for one year. Students are eligible to apply each year.
EOP student majoring in Sport Management.
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies