Eda J. Kronman Scholarship for Nontraditional Students

Established for non-traditional students to honor the life of Eda Joyce Kronman ’70 by her sons, George Kronman ’76 and David Kronman ’80, her daughter, Lynn Kronman Rozensweig, and her husband, Albert Kronman. This scholarship is awarded annually to non-traditional students with demonstrated financial need, with preference for students who are majoring in English. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.

Selection Criteria

  • awarded to a matriculated nontraditional student (adult learner) in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
  • enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
  • student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
  • has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA


  • given to English-related majors

Renewal Information

  • may be renewable, renewals are dependent on available funding as provided by the Cortland College Foundation
  • maintain satisfactory academic progress per SUNY Cortland’s published Federal Good Academic Standing guidelines
  • matriculated at SUNY Cortland
  • enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
  • this scholarship is renewable for a maximum of four academic years (eight academic semesters, excluding summer semesters). Actual number of terms is based on Class Level (freshman, sophomore, etc) at time of initial award

Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.

Funding Amount Varies
Supplemental Questions
  1. What advice would you give to an adult who is considering going back to college? (essay 500 word minimum)
  2. Do you take advantage of the non-traditional student lounge? Why or why not?
  3. Are you a Non-Traditional student? SUNY Cortland defines Non-Traditional students as: at least 24 years or older OR those students who, regardless of age, have dependent children OR have had an interruption or delay in their education since high school