Robert L. and Elizabeth H. Hyder Memorial Scholarship
The Robert L. and Elizabeth H. Hyder Memorial Scholarship was established by Thomas L. Hyder ’70, M ’72 in memory of his parents, Robert L. and Elizabeth H. Hyder. This scholarship is to recognize graduates of the Smithtown Central School District (Smithtown H.S. East or West) and Huntington Union Free School District (Huntington High School) on Long Island, New York, who are currently in their senior year of study at SUNY Cortland. Recipients must have satisfactory academic achievement and demonstrated financial need. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to full-time matriculated students enrolled in any major and entering their senior year at SUNY Cortland.
- recipients must have satisfactory academic achievement
- graduated from the Smithtown, NY Central School District and/or Huntington Union Free School District
- In the case whereby there isn’t one recipient from each of the above schools, two recipients should be selected from one of the above schools (If there are no Smithtown H.S. applicants, then two from Huntington H.S. should be selected and vice versa).
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- recipients must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- recipients must have demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.