Alpha Sigma/Alpha Sigma Alpha Scholarship
Established by the Sisters of the Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated sophomore, junior or senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Must have completed on full year at SUNY Cortland
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
Preference is given in the following order:
- current Alpha Sigma Alpha sisters
- family members of former Alpha Sigma/Alpha Sigma Alpha sisters.
- any member of the student body
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a member of the Alpha Sigma Alpha sorority?
- Are you a relative of a former SUNY Cortland Alpha Sigma/Alpha Sigma Alpha sister?
- As a member of a sorority, much of your organization's focus is on campus and community service. What service projects have you been involved with and why?