Betty Blase Goodstein '48 Scholarship in Education and Physical Education
Established by David M. Goodstein to recognize in perpetuity the life of Betty Blase Goodstein ’48 and her career as an educator of the blind. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- awarded to a student majoring in Early Childhood Education, Childhood Education, Special Education or Physical Education
- has a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
will be given in the following order:
- majoring in Early Childhood Education, Childhood Education and Special Education and plans to work with children who have special needs with vision- or hearing- impairment.
- majoring in Childhood Education and Special Education
- Early Childhood Education
- majoring in Physical Education with an emphasis on working with special needs children
- will be given to student with a demonstrated commitment to special needs children and who plan to pursue a career working with such children, especially those with vision- or hearing- impairment. Demonstrated by the recipient’s coursework, summer work, internships, volunteer work and/or advocacy
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.