Established by the Sisters of the Arethusa Sorority. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated sophomore, junior, senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- attended SUNY Cortland for one semester as a full time student
- has demonstrated leadership and involvement in campus life
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
Will be given when candidates are equally qualified as follows:
- student whose relative was a sister of Arethusa
- student who has a letter of recommendation from a sister of Arethusa
- student who has a letter of recommendation from a Arethusa board member
- two letters of recommendation from faculty, staff, or Arethusa sister or board member
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Reference Request (2)
- Please list the name and email address of the individual serving as your second reference.
- You are required to provide letter(s) of recommendation for this scholarship application. Be sure to read the scholarship information regarding the required reference person qualifications (i.e. faculty, staff or other). Then carefully add the Name and Email Address of your first reference provider below (verify the email address prior to submitting). The person you list will receive an email from SUNY Cortland. The email will ask them to log into our system and complete the reference questionnaire, composed of four questions. *PLEASE contact your reference and make them aware they will receive an email request and which scholarship you are applying for. If they do not receive a request in their regular email, have them to check their spam mailbox. *If you are applying for more than one scholarship that requires a reference and it makes sense to ask the same person to complete a recommendation on your behalf, please let them know they may receive multiple requests and will need to respond to each.
- Are you am Arethusa sister?
- Are you related to an Arethusa sister? If so, please identify the sister and your relationship to them.
- Will a board member or sister of Arethusa be serving as a reference? If so, please indicate which reference.