Bill Schoff ’81 and Sue Schoff Scholarship for Student Leaders
Established by Established by Bill Schoff ’81 and Sue Schoff to support students who have a record of active participation in service to Cortland or their local community. The intention of this scholarship is to help support SUNY Cortland students who, have demonstrated leadership in making a positive impact on the SUNY Cortland campus and/or their home community. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated sophomore, junior or senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has demonstrated leadership in making a positive impact on the SUNY Cortland campus and/or their home community. Examples of community involvement can include, volunteer work, work study participation, or active involvement in a community organization.
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- may be renewable, renewals are dependent on available funding as provided by the Cortland College Foundation
- maintain satisfactory academic progress per SUNY Cortland’s published Federal Good Academic Standing guidelines
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each semester)
- this scholarship is renewable for a maximum of three academic years (six academic semesters, excluding summer semesters). Actual number of terms is based on Class Level (freshman, sophomore, etc) at time of initial award
Funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write a 150-250 word essay describing any volunteer or community service based work in the local Cortland community or directly related to SUNY Cortland, for which you did not receive compensation or course credit. Secondarily, if you performed volunteer or community service based work in your hometown or elsewhere, please describe your experience.