Ann Doherty Helion ’73 and John G. Helion ’71 Scholarship
The Ann Doherty Helion ’73 and John G. Helion ’71 Scholarship was established to honor their experiences as SUNY Cortland students. John was a member of the Lambda Phi Delta fraternity and Ann was a member of the College Singers. The alumni couple had successful careers as educators and administrators in the West Chester area of Pennsylvania, attributed to the quality education received at Cortland. This scholarship will be awarded to students majoring in Physical Education or Childhood/Early Childhood Education with demonstrated financial need and satisfactory academic achievement. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semester. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to matriculated continuing undergraduate students at the sophomore, junior or senior level in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland.
- enrolled full time (at least 12 credit hours each in the fall and spring semester) majoring in Physical Education or Childhood/Early Childhood Education.
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA.
- award amount will be approximately $1,000 and will be directed to offset the cost of attendance at SUNY Cortland.
- This scholarship is a one time award and is non-renewable. Students are eligible to apply each year.
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies