Cross Family Scholarship for Continuing Education
Established by Jean M. Cross ’46, through the Cross Family Foundation to help support certified teachers who are seeking continuing education in graduate degree programs. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a new or continuing matriculated graduate level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- who is a certified teacher
- is seeking continuing education in a graduate degree program
- enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours for both the fall and spring semesters
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- How do teachers help students develop the attitudes and skills needed to become responsible citizens in our society?
- Will you have your teacher certification prior to starting grad classes next fall?
- On what date did you receive or will you receive your teaching certification? (approximate)