Dr. Arden P. Zipp Scholarship
Established by Dr. Arden P. Zipp, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Chemistry, Emeritus. This scholarship shall be awarded to an outstanding student enrolled in any major under the Chemistry Department which currently includes Chemistry, Adolescence Education Chemistry, or Biochemistry. Applicants must be freshmen or sophomores, receiving the scholarship as sophomores or juniors. Recipients must also have completed General Chemistry 1 at SUNY Cortland and achieved a minimum grade of B in the course. Recipients must also maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated sophomore or junior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- is majoring in any major under the Chemistry Department (Chemistry, Adolescence Education Chemistry, Biochemistry)
- has completed General Chemistry I at SUNY Cortland
- has achieved a minimum grade of a B in General Chemistry I
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
This scholarship is recognized at honors convocation.