Marian N. Atkinson '54 Alumni Admissions Scholarship
Established by Marian Natoli Atkinson ‘54 in recognition of the important role Jessie Adams Shaffer, Emeritus Associate Professor of Education played in her life. Professor Shaffer taught in Cortland’s Education Department for 22 years and her area of specialty, early childhood education, motivated Ms. Atkinson to spend her entire career teaching at the elementary level. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated entering freshman or transfer level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- who has not been awarded any other merit scholarships
- is involved in community and school activities and service
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.