Dorothea Kreig Allen Fowler '52, M '74 Scholarship for Future Educators
Established by Dorothea Fowler, The Dorothea Kreig Allen Fowler ’52, M ’74 Scholarship for Future Educators was created as a way of giving back to the SUNY Cortland community. Ms. Fowler taught for 21 years in local elementary schools and then became CEO of R. H. Fowler Chemical Co. A constant life-long supporter, Dottie has been involved in AAUW, Rotary, the Retired Teachers Association and serves on the Board of the Salvation Army and the Cortland Repertory Theatre, in addition to serving on the Cortland College Foundation Board of Directors and on the College Council. Recipients will be early childhood/childhood education majors, must be in their senior year of study, have campus or community involvement, satisfactory academic achievement and a preference for demonstrated financial need. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- award to matriculated undergraduate students at the senior level in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- enrolled full time (at least 12 credits each fall and spring semester) in the Early Childhood/Childhood Education majors
- must have campus or community involvement
- award will be approximately $2,000 and will be directed to offset the cost of attendance at SUNY Cortland
- student has demonstrated financial need via the FAFSA
- This is a one time award and is non-renewable.
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.