Brian G. Murphy '83 and Patricia A. Rhubottom Scholarship in Healthcare Management
The Brian G. Murphy ’83 and Patricia A. Rhubottom Scholarship in Healthcare Management was created as the first ever scholarship for the major in Healthcare Management. As a recipient of the SUNY Presidential Champion of Excellence for his work as a member of the Cortland College Foundation Board, Brian spent his entire professional career in healthcare. Over the past 20 years, he built NewSpring Capital, a leading growth equity private capital firm; specifically leading the firm’s dedicated health care fund, NewSpring Health Capital. This scholarship will support the next generation of healthcare professionals. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- Awarded to a matriculated continuing student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- For full time-matriculating students enrolled in the Healthcare Management major.
- Recipient(s) must have a minimum 3.0 overall grade-point average.
- Recipient(s) bust be enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- Student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- Each scholarship amount will be approximately $2,000 and will be directed to offset the cost of attendance at SUNY Cortland.
- Demonstrated financial need per FAFSA.
- The scholarship is non-renewable and is awarded for one year. Students are eligible to apply each year.
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.