Marion C. Thompson Memorial Scholarship
Established in 1983 from the estate of Dr. Marion C. Thompson, an authority on folklore in American literature and a professor of English at Cortland for 24 years until her retirement in 1966. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated junior, senior or graduate level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- is majoring in an English department curriculum
- has demonstrated academic success
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies