Dr. John A. Macphee Scholarship
Established by Mabel MacPhee in memory of her late husband, Professor Emeritus of Recreation Education John MacPhee, to support off-campus fieldwork or attendance at a national professional conference devoted to the leisure services profession. One student, selected during fall semester (applications accepted November 1st to Dec 1st), will be awarded the scholarship for the following spring semester ; a second student, selected during the spring semester (applications accepted April 1st to May 1st), will be awarded the scholarship for the following summer/fall semester. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated undergraduate or graduate level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- is studying within the Recreation, Parks and Leisure Studies Department
- has minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours for semester receiving funds)
Additional Documentation Required:
- In an essay, demonstrate how the scholarship will support the approved internship or attendance at a national professional conference devoted to the leisure services profession.
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
Scholarship recipients recognized at honors convocation in April