George and Phyllis Murphy Scholarship
Established by Brian G. Murphy ’83 and his wife, Patricia A. Rhubottom, to honor his parents, George and Phyllis Murphy. The scholarship will be awarded with first priority to continuing students pursuing a degree in education who have an identifiable disability registered with the Office of Disability Services at SUNY Cortland. Secondary priority will be for any continuing student pursuing a degree in education. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated continuing sophomore, junior or senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- is enrolled in a major leading to a teaching degree
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- is given to students who have registered with the Office of Disability Services as having any identifiable disability on campus.
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.