Theta Phi, Alpha Chapter - Marjorie Dey Carter '50 Scholarship
Established by sisters of the Theta Phi Sorority to benefit promising junior and senior students who are majoring in Education or Recreation with a minor in Outdoor Recreation Management and Education. The fund is also intended to recognize the educational career of SUNY Cortland alumna and Theta Phi Sorority member, Marjorie Dey Carter ’50. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated undergraduate level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- majoring in education or recreation with a minor in outdoor recreation management and education
- has a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- has demonstrated outstanding leadership while at SUNY Cortland
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- One letter of recommendation in support of your scholarship application from one of the following your supervisor, SUNY Cortland Faculty or Staff Member
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- You are required to provide letter(s) of recommendation for this scholarship application. Be sure to read the scholarship information regarding the required reference person qualifications (i.e. faculty, staff or other). Then carefully add the Name and Email Address of your first reference provider below (verify the email address prior to submitting). The person you list will receive an email from SUNY Cortland. The email will ask them to log into our system and complete the reference questionnaire, composed of four questions. *PLEASE contact your reference and make them aware they will receive an email request and which scholarship you are applying for. If they do not receive a request in their regular email, have them to check their spam mailbox. *If you are applying for more than one scholarship that requires a reference and it makes sense to ask the same person to complete a recommendation on your behalf, please let them know they may receive multiple requests and will need to respond to each.