Helping Hand '69 Scholarship
The Helping Hand scholarship was created by an anonymous alumna from the Class of 1969 who experienced financial difficulties while she was a student at SUNY Cortland. The donor wished to establish a scholarship that would assist students in financial distress. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated undergraduate level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- candidates must be approved for a professional judgment as determined by the financial aid office
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- Letter of recommendation from your SUNY Cortland financial aid advisor
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Financial Aid Advisor Reference Request
- In 300 words or less, please comment on the circumstances surrounding the sudden financial crisis.