Hearts of Gold OEP Award
Established by a generous Distinguished Alumna of 1964, Margaret Payne, and her sister Janet Kuney. Each year, the award is given to a deserving student enrolled in REC 370 or REC 570: Outdoor Education Practicum.
- awarded to a matriculated sophomore, junior, senior or graduate level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- enrolled in REC 370 or REC 570 at the time of application.
- shows professional promise (as demonstrated by career goals/future plans included in the general applicationâ€™s narrative statement)
- demonstrates involvement and service to the community , both on- and off-campus (as shown by list of extra-curricular activities and/or resume in the general application)
- must not have been awarded other scholarships/awards that have reimbursed this specific course fee
- Candidate(s) must have demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
Scholarship funding is contingent on the completion of the required coursework
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.