NYS Home Bureau Award - Recreation
Established by the New York State Federation of Home Bureaus, Inc., in honor of Phyllis Doe. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability. Please see the Department of Recreation, Parks and Leisure Studies, located in the Professional Studies building, room 2213, for more information.
- awarded to a matriculated continuing sophomore, junior or senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum 2.85 cumulative grade point average
- is majoring in therapeutic recreation
- if there are no eligible students enrolled in the therapeutic recreation major, Inclusive Special Education majors should be considered
- is from a N.Y.S. county that has an organized N.Y.S. Federation of Home Bureaus Chapter. Organized counties include: Albany, Allegany, Buffalo City, Cattaraugus, Cayuga, Chautauqua, Chenango, Clinton, Dutchess, Erie, Franklin, Herkimer, Jefferson, Monroe, Niagara, Oswego, Rensselaer, St. Lawrence, Schenectady, Steuben, Tompkins, Wyoming, Yates. Cortland county residents are eligible as well based on N.Y.S.F.H.B. rules
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.