Jay '66 & Bettie Lee Yerka Scholarship for Excellence in Recreation and Leisure Studies
The Jay ’66 and Bettie Lee Yerka Endowed Scholarship for Excellence in Recreation and Leisure Studies was established by Dr. Bettie Lee Yerka in memory of her late husband, Jay. This scholarship will be awarded to non-traditional continuing undergraduate or graduate student(s) majoring in Therapeutic Recreation. The recipient must be a full or part-time student taking at least six credit hours, have a minimum grade point average (G.P.A.) of 3.0 and demonstrate outstanding leadership abilities. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated non-traditional continuing undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester
- majoring in a residential, campus-based therapeutic recreation degree program. Graduate students must have a concentration of therapeutic recreation.
- is a nontraditional student (adult learner)
- has demonstrated leadership skills and demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities.
- enrolled part-time or full-time (at least 6 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
Recipient will be honored at Honors Convocation in April.