Newell Spiegle Willcox Scholarship
Newell Spiegle Willcox Scholarship in Music was established by friends and fans of the international jazz trombone legend Spiegle Willcox during a 95th birthday celebration in his honor at SUNY Cortland. It will be awarded to a musical theatre major with enthusiasm and commitment to excellence in musical performance and a continued pursuit of instrumental music, in the tradition of the donor. Award will be split evenly between fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated freshman, sophomore, junior, senior or transfer level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester) in the musical theater major.
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- is given to students who have demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable. Students must apply each year.
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Complete a short essay describing your enthusiasm and commitment to excellence in musical performance and your continued pursuit of instrumental music, in the tradition of the donor.