Kristin and Barry J. Thornton II '93 Scholarship
Established by Barry J. Thornton II ’93 and his wife, Kristin. This scholarship will be awarded to students focusing on health and wellness with demonstrated financial need and satisfactory academic achievement. Students must be enrolled in majors under the departments of Health, Recreation-Parks-Leisure, Kinesiology or Physical Education. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated sophomore, junior or senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- is enrolled in a major under the department of health, recreation-parks-leisure, kinesiology or physical education
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.