James H. and Dorothy A. Sarvay Scholarship for Community Service
Established by the friends and family of James H. Sarvay, who was a prominent business owner in the Cortland community and a member of the Cortland College Foundation. The intention of this scholarship is to help support SUNY Cortland students who are from Cortland County and who have demonstrated leadership in making a positive impact on the SUNY Cortland campus and/or in the Cortland community.
Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated sophomore, junior, senior or graduate level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- is from Cortland County. If no applicants from Cortland County, then the following counties may be considered: Onondaga, Tompkins, Cayuga, Tioga, Broome, Chenango, Madison.
- has demonstrated leadership and made a positive impact on the SUNY Cortland campus or the Cortland community
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
All applicants for this scholarship are also considered for Institute for Civic Engagement (non-monetary) Leadership in Civic Engagement Awards.
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.