Edward J. Walsh Ed.D '42 Scholarship
The Edward J. Walsh, Ed.D. ’42 Scholarship was established by his daughters, Donna Walsh and Christine Walsh Rice, as well as other family, former players, and friends. This scholarship honors the life and career of Dr. Walsh and will recognize a non-traditional student majoring in physical education who has a minimum 3.0 GPA and demonstrated financial need. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated sophomore, junior or senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- enrolled in physical education
- non-traditional student (Adult Learner)
- with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- secondary preference: should there be no non-traditional student eligible, then the scholarship may be awarded to a traditional student
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.