John L. Sciera '52 Scholarship
Established by students, colleagues, family and friends of the highly respected athletic trainer, John L. Sciera, in his memory. Sciera, a 1952 graduate of Cortland State College, returned in 1965 to is alma mater to direct the Athletic Training program until his retirement in 1985. He pioneered the first athletic training undergraduate curriculum approved by the National Athletic Trainers Association in New York state and he founded the New York Athletic Trainers Association. He was posthumously inducted into the C-Club Hall of Fame in 1987. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated continuing graduate level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has enrolled in athletic training
- has a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- plans to pursue a career in athletic training
- enrolled full-time fall and spring semester
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- this scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable