Judson H. Taylor Community Service Scholarship
Established by the Student Government Association (SGA) in honor of President Emeritus Judson H. Taylor, on the occasion of his retirement from SUNY Cortland, to reinforce the value of making a difference through volunteering and to create a lasting legacy that honors his contributions to SUNY Cortland. This scholarship is awarded to students who have demonstrated a commitment to community betterment by volunteering or interning at local schools or non-profit organizations. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated sophomore, junior or senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum overall 2.75 grade point average
- has a commitment to community service and civic engagement by volunteering or interning at local schools or non-profit organizations
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.