LaRetha J. "Lee" Leyman Memorial Scholarship
Established by gifts from her nephews Richard A. Goebel and Robert K. Goebel and niece Melony G. Nicoli in honor of Professor Emerita Leyman’s 30 years of service to SUNY Cortland in the field of Physical Education. It will recognize a student majoring in physical education with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.7 and demonstrated financial need. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated continuing sophomore, junior or senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7
- enrolled in physical education
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.