Dr. Gilbert C. Brown '51 and Shirley Haft Brown '51 Scholarship
The Dr. Gilbert C. Brown ’51 and Shirley Haft Brown ’51 Scholarship was established by Dr. Gilbert C. Brown in honor of the education he and his wife, Shirley, received at SUNY Cortland. Awards will be made annually to a student in any major leading to attendance in medical school. Recipients will be seniors (with application in their junior year) with a minimum 3.40 cumulative grade point average and demonstrated financial need. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated senior level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum 3.4 cumulative grade point average
- is enrolled in any major leading to attendance in a medical school
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- has demonstrated financial need per FAFSA
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write a short essay discussing your interests and plans to attend medical school.
- Do you plan to attend Medical School?