Dr. Susan "Scotty" Blumenson '58 Scholarship
The Dr. Susan “Scotty” Blumenson ’58 Scholarship was established by Susan Blumenson as a tribute to the education she received at SUNY Cortland. Awards will be made annually to continuing students enrolled in the Therapeutic Recreation major. If no Therapeutic Recreation majors are eligible, any student under the Recreation Parks and Leisure Studies department will be eligible. Recipients must have satisfactory academic achievement. Preference will be given to those with demonstrated financial need. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- Recipient(s) must be matriculated continuing undergraduates at the sophomore, junior, or senior level in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland.
- Enrolled full time (at least 12 credits each fall and spring semester)
- Student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- Enrolled in a major under the Recreation Parks and Leisure Studies department.
- Scholarship amount will be approximately $1,000 and will be directed to offset the cost of attendance at SUNY Cortland.
- is given to applicants who are enrolled in the Therapeutic Recreation major under the Recreation Parks and Leisure Studies Department
- is given to applicants with demonstrated financial need per FAFSA.
- This scholarship is a one time award and is non-renewable. Students are eligible to apply each year.
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Funding Amount Varies