Michael C. Holland Memorial Scholarship
Established by the Student Government Association in memory of Michael C. Holland. Award will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Funding is based on availability.
- awarded to a matriculated continuing undergraduate or graduate level student in good academic standing at SUNY Cortland
- has a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- has demonstrated campus involvement and significant participation in Student Government Association or residence hall activities
- enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester)
- student must have at least one full academic year remaining at the start of the fall semester of award year
- Three letters of recommendation from SUNY Cortland faculty or staff member
- This scholarship is a one-time award and is non-renewable
Scholarship funding is determined by the Cortland College Foundation. Scholarship amounts and availability are subject to change.
- Student Government Association in Honor of Michael C. Holland
- Funding Amount Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe an event or an accomplishment of yours that occurred on our campus or the surrounding community where you demonstrated leadership skills and describe how it has affected your role as a leader.
- How have your experiences at SUNY Cortland shaped your character?
- Describe one of your experiences in which you discovered a weakness in your leadership skills and explain how you have grown since then.
- Please read the donor and background information on Mike Holland, then answer the following: There are many characteristics that enabled Mike to be a true leader. Which characteristic(s) manifest in your work with others? (700 to 1000 words)
- Reference Request (3) - You are required to provide letter(s) of recommendation for this scholarship application. Be sure to read the scholarship information regarding the required reference person qualifications (i.e. faculty, staff or other). Then carefully add the Name and Email Address of your first reference provider below (verify the email address prior to submitting). The person you list will receive an email from SUNY Cortland. The email will ask them to log into our system and complete the reference questionnaire, composed of four questions. *PLEASE contact your reference and make them aware they will receive an email request and which scholarship you are applying for. If they do not receive a request in their regular email, have them to check their spam mailbox. *If you are applying for more than one scholarship that requires a reference and it makes sense to ask the same person to complete a recommendation on your behalf, please let them know they may receive multiple requests and will need to respond to each.
- Please list the name and email address of the individual serving as your first reference.
- Please list the name and email address of the individual serving as your second reference.
- Please list the name and email address of the individual serving as your third reference